- 1 yellow onion
- 4 tomatoes
- Mole sauce concentrate (from the Mexican market; it’s mostly roasted chiles and nuts)
- Chicken thighs
- Chicken broth
- Sauté 1 chopped onion and 4 chopped tomatoes; add chicken thighs and cook through.
- Remove chicken and set aside. Puree the tomatoes and onions with an immersion blender to a smooth consistency (similar to butternut squash soup)
- Return blended mix to pan and add prepared mole sauce. Mix in chicken broth and heat through.
- Return chicken to sauce, heat through and serve over rice with sliced avocado and a squirt of lime
- Add sauteed mushrooms or carrots to the mole sauce in step 4
- Top with toasted sesame seeds
- White rice
- Black beans cooked with onions, tomatoes and serrano pepper
- Roasted cauliflower