Throwback to July 4, 2015. How are you celebrating Independence Day? In need of a special treat to take to our friends 4th of July party, I improvised a brick of “hidden design” American Flag Rice Krispie Treats. With every slice, each guest gets their own delicious American Flag!
- Make three separate batches of rice krispies, one for each color
- Add the food coloring to the melted
- marshmallows step
- For the red and white, first roll out the hot rice krispie mixture into broad, flat layers on a baking sheet; let cool enough to handle, but still warm enough to be sticky.
- Slice the red and white into long strips and stack into flag stripes. The top three (red, white, red) narrower to leave room for the blue field
- Form the blue block on a separate pan first, then insert into the assembled flag